Monday, April 2, 2012

TAG Interview With Betty Sheinbaum


Betty Sheinbaum
Lunch at the Beach
acrylic on canvas 20 x 20"

When did you first realize you were an artist (or have the courage to identify yourself as an artist)?

Around 30 years old. I had four children and could start going to art classes. I painted at home in the living room and studied art history.

For whom do you make art?

Me


Betty Sheinbaum
Checkers
acrylic on canvas 20 x 20"

What's new with your work? Have you learned any new techniques, or faced any new challenges this past year or so?

I have been working on drawing and it is interfering with the freedom of painting what I want to express. It is difficult to become adventuresome - I haven't succeeded to my satisfaction.

How do you know when a work is finished?

Never

Do you have a favorite painting? (Yours or somebody else's)

Many. Works by Diebenkorn and Paul Wonner.



Betty Sheinbaum at work.

Betty Sheinbaum's exhibtion begins April 24, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment