Thursday, November 29, 2018

Artist Spotlight: Shelley Lazarus -- H2O works

Shelley Lazarus, Wild Sky, Watercolor, 12 x 12"
“No matter where I find myself; looking up at clouds, watching the ocean, looking down at rooftops, or just a set up in my studio, the fluidity and immediacy of watercolor bring out my first impressions. My love affair with watercolor first began during my travels in the 1970s and has never wavered. But never the purist I love to add other mediums to my works always looking for new ways to express my visions.
Shelley Lazarus, The Road, Watercolor, 12 x 12"
Spending weekends going back and forth from LA to Ventura I have begun an adventure with clouds and ocean waves. The patterns of the clouds and their effect on the landscape are just what my watercolors were made for. In this show I have tried to portray the clouds and waves on different surfaces.
Shelley Lazarus, The Sky Above Water, Watercolor, 16 x 13"
Clouds Got In the Way is a song my son was very fond of. This exhibition is dedicated to his memory and to the Robert David Lazarus Pulmonary Unit at Cedar-Sinai Hospital. The proceeds from this show will go to that unit.”
-Shelley Lazarus
Shelley Lazarus, Trois Fleurs, Watercolor, 18 x 22"
Shelley has been teaching at the Brentwood Art Center for over 25 years and is one of the founding members of TAG.

The Exhibition runs through Saturday December 15
Reception: Saturday, December 1, 5­-8 p.m.
Artist Talk: Saturday, December 15, 3pm

No comments:

Post a Comment